Monday, August 18, 2008

My Birthday

A quick post because it is way past my bedtime:
I had a great birthday today - thanks to all of you well wishers, card senders, skypers, and e-mailers. Ulpan was fun - we read a lot of poems, sang a song, and of course did a lot of learning... I made something for the class in the way of a treat for my birthday but didn't end up giving it to people because, mostly, it didn't taste very good. After class I went home, paid some bills, unsuccessfully tried to donate blood (even in Israel you can't donate blood if you have lived in England during Mad Cow Disease - do you think I'd be eligable to give blood in England?) did a little homework, and then went out to eat with Leah, an HUC rabbinical student who is super nice. We had a great meal and I was feeling really chatty and hope I didn't come off as too talkative... It felt like a first date or something a little bit because I really want to be her friend and really want her to like me so I was trying hard to make a good impression. But it was a lovely meal and a fun conversation. Then, I went to a meeting about something that I don't have the time to write about because I have to go to bed, but you will hear about it later for sure. After the meeting I went back to Chad and Jessica's apartment (Jessica is an HUC rabbinical student and Chad is her husband) and we watched a television show together. Then I came home, called Dad, and wrote in the blog.

Sorry this post was written in such a hasty fashion - just wanted to let you all know that the birthday was a fun one. Now off to bed!

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Sounds like a terrific day - I'm almost jealous! I look forward to hearing the details! :)

Unknown said...

Feel good......