Monday, November 10, 2008

This is Just to Say

This is Just to Say

I have finished
the GRE
that was on
Literature in English

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast.

Forgive me
It was delicious
So sweet
and so OVER!!!


Just writing to say that the pesky test is out of the way - so you can be thankful that you won't have to read any more bad poetry. I think it went well, but I won't find out for five weeks or so.
I made a new friend today. She's in my class on Mendele and Sholom Aleichem (the one that is taught in Hebrew). She's getting an MA in translation and wants to translate novels from English to Hebrew. She lives not far from me with her husband, who is a librarian in the National Library in Givat Ram. We sat next to each other in class, took the bus home together, and walked from the bus toward our apartments. I'm excited to be friends with a "real Israeli" and hope that she'll sit next to me next week, too!

1 comment:

Megan said...

your poem is pretty lolzy :) - good luck! hope you did well!